Monday, January 15, 2007

Project: Top 10

I came across a Pugad Baboy comic book given to me by my siblings for my birthday last year and it was the edition that celebrated its tenth anniversary. The comic strips were definitely hilarious, but what really caught my attention was the “Top 10” list of all the characters of Pugad Baboy scattered throughout the comics. It listed the “favorites” of each character which were just about anything under the sun. These varied from food (Kisses with almonds) to famous people (Rosanna Roces) to TV shows (Cristy Per Minute) to the most bizarre of things (smell of sautéed garlic, freshly sharpened Mongol penicls). In short these things were what represented each character – things they are particularly known for and things they value most.

Thus, I started a journey of my own Project: Top 10. And I became disappointed as soon as I found out that I could not actually list ten things which were truly ME. Most were 'sometimes' me, others were really me but 'only at a particular time'. I did what a logical person would do: I still listed all of them down (all 70+ of them!) and I set a criteria and “judged” each of these things to determine if they were indeed me. The criteria I used: How-much-I-like-you Factor 40%, Forever-likeability Factor 30%, Memories-included Factor 20%, and Representative-of-me Factor 10%.

And now, I present to you, MY TOP TEN (in no particular order):

1. Giraffes
2. Word Games
3. Starbucks Tall Hot Chocolate
4. Monster’s Inc.
5. Group Dynamics
6. Spaghetti
7. Tagaytay
8. Survivor
9. Puppies
10. Onions

If you would please let me indulge a bit, I have a few runner-ups which I would have really wanted to be included in the list but they just won’t fit. Hehe. Here are the runner-ups (again, in no particular order):

11. Flavored fries
12. My college tambayan
13. Videoke
14. Old school heavy metal
15. Grey’s Anatomy
16. Volleyball
17. Taekwondo
18. Noon time shows
19. Grey
20. Daily Mass

(written some time December 2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

old school heavy metal?

that surprised me. :)

kidneys gone bad said...

hahaha! mon, yung word games na yan, in general. but yes, kasama yung word game na ginagawa natin kay robles. hehehe. wala lang, i just really love those. halata ba? ako ata nagpasimuno nyan eh.

nasa rank 20-30 actually yung american idol and amazing race. Mas pumasok yung tv shows na greys and survivor eh.