Saturday, May 12, 2007

An Eventful First Week

In my first week of work, I already have...

  • done my own pleadings, legal memos, contracts and the like (normal lawyerly stuff...)
  • eaten my first attorney's fees (a binalot meal prepared by our clients)
  • attended a CBA negotiation meeting with big shots
  • gotten words of wisdom from those who have long been practicing (it's definitely good training)
  • eaten out with all the lawyers of the firm, partners and associates alike
  • semi-settled in my own room
  • gotten lazy and pretended to be busy from morning til afternoon
  • downloaded YM on my computer and chatted with friends while working
  • given orders to apprentices of the firm (tasks which I was supposed to do)
  • met with clients, both formally and informally
  • learned how to evade paying for whole-day parking
  • gone on an out-of-town trip (and actually drove going there. it was my first long distance trip wherein I drove)
  • went on a side trip while on official business outside the office (upon the influence of another associate, of course. but i gave in easily!)
  • dealt with armed men (around 20 of them!) and three bulldozers (peacefully, of course. we were outnumbered in terms of men and weapons)
  • had a series of unfortunate events (like getting a hole on my pants, for instance)
  • gotten attached and emotional over a case
  • met some great people at work
  • realized that I can actually like and do this kind of work for a long period of time, if not for the rest of my life...
It has, indeed, been an eventful first week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!

you got through your first week of work!!! i'm so glad to see you optimistic about being a lawyer!

hehehe.

kidneys gone bad said...

thanks rosie! yeah, i'm glad that so far, things are turning out great. who would have thought that i'd actually like doing this shit? hehehe.