Thursday, June 07, 2007

Multi-tasking

I’ve been working on cases left and right this morning. While preparing for a meeting and studying the files of one corporate case, I am suddenly disrupted when a client calls me via landline to ask about his intellectual property case. Immediately thereafter, my big boss calls my mobile phone to inquire about the status of another corporate case and in the process, also gives me further instructions on one of my litigation cases. And these aren’t even the cases which are on my “to do list” urgently needed for today!

My big boss tells me that the “kids” of my generation are known for their exceptional multi-tasking skills. I just smile and slightly nod with approval while thinking otherwise. Us, “kids,” are exceptional in multi-tasking only when it comes to leisure. Sure, I can watch TV, talk on the phone, play with my baby nieces, send text messages, lie down to rest and listen to music all at the same time. But when it comes to work… no, I don’t think so… I need all the concentration I can get!

I better inform my big boss of the true nature of multi-tasking of “kids” these days. Just so he won’t expect too much. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

multi-tasking...

i can groom myself; listen to music; play around on my laptop with multiple windows and applications open; email, blog, and surf; text or call on my cellphone; and smoke all at once... while snacking, of course.

such talent! hehehe.