Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lately

Lately, I’ve been finding myself all by my lonesome with only my pen and paper and the voice inside my head for company, and actually enjoying every moment of it. I go out and eat alone without any hesitation whatsoever, whether it be in a crowded place or in a secluded restaurant. I find myself strolling around the mall without any company and choosing a coffee shop or a restaurant or even a book store to have a quick stop over. If the place I choose is conducive and to my liking, I find myself staying for a longer period of time just pondering about the smallest of things to the bigger burdens I’m currently facing.

It’s weird, I know. Me, of all people, on the way towards becoming a full-fledged loner!

Perhaps, it’s the busy lifestyle I’m currently having right now – such that, whenever I have the opportunity to have a little peace and tranquility, I grab it right away and make the most out of it. Or maybe it’s an offshoot of months of having minimal contact with people during my post-kidney transplant recovery period. I really don’t know.

What I do know is that I’m actually yearning for more time all by myself. I’ve actually been looking for the place.

The place where I can sit down comfortably and not care about the entire universe. The place where I can think of all my desires and even my concerns and issues, and not worry one single bit. The place where I can be me – with no one around to judge or react or criticize.

It’s weird, I know. But I’m actually liking this other side of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's all a part of growing up, jayps. and it's always good to have your own "my time." :)

kidneys gone bad said...

haha! yeah, i'm becoming more mature na! :) aren't you proud of me?

Anonymous said...

so proud! :p