Thursday, November 22, 2007

i understand...

Sometimes, I, too, dream of flying away to a place unknown. Where the more important thing is not what is unknown to me but that I am unknown to them.

I dream of disappearing into thin air and realizing I'm no longer in this world I've been accustomed to but rather, one yet to be explored and discovered.

I dream of starting anew and not looking back. Of moving forward and not staying put. Of fresh beginnings and acceptances and not continued pain and rejection.

I dream of these things until I realize that I still need pixie dust to fly away and a magic word to disappear into thin air.

Now if only I could think of other possible ways...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all dream of these things, jayps.

and sometimes, pixie dust and magic words aren't all you need to reach these dreams. sometimes, just taking a deep breath and standing your ground will help you move toward your dreams.


...and running like hell from whatever it is that is making you want to disappear helps too. :)

Podi Alejandro said...

told you we should already fake our deaths. i have it all figured out. we'll steal chunks of raw pork or beef meat from a wet market, enough to make everyone think it's a human being, stuff em in a bag with our IDs and some personal belongings, then run off to... err... morocco, like you want.

Anonymous said...

i agree with rosie. actually, you can also just buy a ticket to new york and come disappear with me! :P

kidneys gone bad said...

rosie, i know. but sometimes it'd really help to suddenly disappear, even for just a while. until i turn into some mutant who can turn invisible in a split second, i guess you're right: taking a deep breath and standing my ground would have to do. :)

podi, haha! we can use raw lean beef for me and fatty pork for you! hehehe. kidding! but this is exactly what i'm talking about. if only it could actually happen. while it can't achieve reality just yet, i'd have to think of another place. suddenly morocco doesn't seem inviting.

pao, i miss you!!! but even if i REALLY miss you, i just couldn't disappear with you in new york. with so many people there whom i know, that just wouldn't qualify as disappearing. i'd love to visit you though, if and when i do have the time and the money.