Thursday, April 03, 2008

The problem with a relatively light schedule at work...

is that you tend to procrastinate all those little things that you have to finish.

You tell yourself that days like these are rare in your profession and therefore, you should make the most out of days when you could actually procrastinate.

At the end of the day, you realize that you have accomplished close to nothing. And thus, the work piles up for the following day, and the next and the day after that. At the time when you're in the right mood for working, a completely unexpected turn of events occurs - a major task gets assigned to you and it needs to be finished today should've been finished yesterday. You're left with so little time to finish all those little things (and suddenly realize how time-consuming they can also be) and of course, this major task (which should have been finished yesterday).

That basically sums up my week. The major cases and corporate accounts have been relatively idle this week and I've been taking my sweet time finishing the regular legal opinions and queries from our retainers (regular clients).

Monday to Wednesday were extremely lazy days. Today (Thursday), I decided to start working on those opinions and in the middle of it all, at around 6pm (just when i was already excited to leave the office to meet friends for dinner), my big boss calls up and informs me of this major pleading that I have to finish. It'll be for review tomorrow (Friday) and will also be filed on the same day. I have to cram so many things tomorrow!!!

Note to self: Next time your schedule is pretty light (I wonder when will be the next time this happens!), try to get at least something done!

No comments: