Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Works of Fiction

While You Were Sleeping

What is it with you
that makes me break all my rules of engagement
and instead create new ones
that would allow a deeper relationship
than just a casual encounter?

What is it about you
that I am so smitten by your charm
that I wake up each day and it is only you I want to see
that I have become what I never expected me to be:
cliche and cheesy; a hopeless romantic in the making?

What is it with me
that change is happening so quickly
And I am finding myself seeing you more often
When I normally burn bridges after the first rendezvous
never to look back ever again?

What is it with us
that I actually see and "us"
Instead of just you and me separately?

--------------

Those Three Words


I was just about to give you a call when you beat me to it. You read my mind. You knew exactly what I was going to say. And I found myself smiling at the thought that you can practically finish my sentences before I even begin them.

I was ecstatic from the inside. The call was perhaps only for a couple of minutes and just when I was about to put down the phone, I finally said it. Those three words. I don't know what I was thinking or if I was even thinking at all. I said it spontaneously. And I meant it.

I've been thinking of telling you those words already the last time I saw you. But I was scared. And I wanted to make sure first. Now, I just blurted it out suddenly. It works better that way, I guess.

I'm glad I finally told you. And I'm overjoyed you said you love me too.

3 comments:

Podi Alejandro said...

These works of fiction tug at the right heartstrings, Jayps! I sense something inspired wanting to be awakened. Write more!

heart-on-sleeve said...

methinks someone has a story to tell...

;)

kidneys gone bad said...

No story to tell. Mere works of FICTION. :)