Sunday, October 08, 2006

Moving Out and Moving On

Moving Out.
A couple of days ago, I went back to my apartment in Makati where I stayed for my final semester in Law School and during bar review period. My lease contract was about to expire, thus I went that day to fix my things and get them ready for moving out. I was setting aside all my (numerous) books and reviewers, throwing all the trash (mostly photocopied materials I never got to read), and of course, reminiscing all the good and bad memories through mementos I’ve kept the entire year. I never thought I’d say this considering I left my apartment and all the things in it behind abruptly right after my last Bar exam, but damn will I really miss this place.

My apartment was the place where I felt most normal – I was alone, independent, honest and healthy. It was a place where I became the most studious and most courageous. It was a place where I actually had time for myself. It was also a venue for our poker nights and even a class party way back during our sophomore year in law school.

That day, I was preparing all my things to get them ready for moving out and start moving on.

Moving On.
A couple of weeks have passed since the final Sunday of the bar exams. I have spent most of my time preparing for my upcoming and much needed kidney transplant. If everything goes well, I’d have my operation by the end of this month.

All my work-ups for the transplant just got on fast track as soon as I was through with the bar. I found myself going to hospitals for different tests, I had longer dialysis, and my doctor and nurses were closely monitoring me to make sure that I keep myself fit to undergo surgery. I was doing my part of the job by preparing myself physically, mentally and spiritually. I had some time for myself to intake everything that’s happening right now and have come to terms with myself and my fate. I realized that my life has always been a case of delayed gratification. That’s what’s my life has always been about. I know everything will come at the right time – not necessarily MY time, but right nonetheless. As of the moment, I just have to learn to move on and go with the flow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep me updated on the date of the transplant, k. hugs, my prayers are with you.