Monday, November 05, 2007

bitin

It's the Monday after the long weekend. With (supposedly) just a day and a half of work last week, it's definitely hard to drag my ass back to the office today knowing that there are deadlines to be met, clients to be pacified and partners to please.

I tried my damn best to carefully plan out my long weekend (in my own words, "I organized my life"). I carefully listed down everything I needed to do and have been wanting to do but just never had the time for it. Then, I made my own schedule and promised to myself I'd follow it down to the last detail.

I'd like to think I set my priorities well -- I set time for really good friends whom I haven't seen in ages, I made time for my family and spent precious time while on the dinner table, I gave time for myself - a luxury which I haven't had much of the past few months. (Did you notice work was not among my priorities? hehe)

I did get to follow my schedule. Sort of...

It's just that I still have so many other things I want to accomplish. The long weekend ended with dissatisfaction on my part. I still had things on my to-do list which were left not crossed out. The long weekend was definitely bitin.

I'm keeping my to-do list and I'm making it a constant reminder that I have to make time for the more important things in life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, i noticed work wasn't a priority.

and i applaud that. it never should be, really. or, it never should come ahead of God, family, friends and health.

and good looks. hehehe.

kidneys gone bad said...

oh, i don't really prioritize good looks that much anymore coz it's inherent in me to look good. and besides, i don't want to be overly goodlooking. i already don't have much personal space left anymore because of all my fans, what more if i were to be more goodlooking?

hahaha! (zeb, is that you?)

Anonymous said...

zeb, is that you????

hahahaha.