Monday, November 05, 2007

Just around the corner

On my drive home, I noticed that the radio stations have started their ensemble of Christmas songs. While I have heard a couple or so of these songs since the "ber" months started, it was only now that there was suddenly a barrage of them. As I thought about this, the DJ pointed out that there are only 49 days left 'til Christmas! It sorta uplifts your spirit knowing that the season of merry-making and gift-giving is just around the corner. To top it all off, the Skyway has already put up its parade of lanterns on its lampposts. Normally, I find them ordinary, if not just a waste of electricity. But for some reason, tonight, these twinkling and glittering lights put a smile on my face. Maybe it's the amalgamation of all these Christmassy experiences of mine. Christmas is, indeed, just around the corner! Finally, something to look forward to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

49 days already?????????

where'd the year go? hehehe. i'm psyched!

but i miss the rockwell xmas lights. remember those?

kidneys gone bad said...

yeah, those rockwell lights were fantastic. and remember the chilly breeze that would greet us every time we'd walk down the stairs facing powerplant? and mon would say "it's chriiiistmas!"

m said...

awww. and i havent even read this post wen i txted you lastnyt! i was just coming out from a meeting then and i felt the christmas breeze. i wanted to shout my line but i was with my dad, hehehe. cant wait for simbang gabi! woohoo.

kidneys gone bad said...

I thought so nga that you haven't read this post when you texted me that night! =)

Naku, we have to meet up soon and you have to say that line! But you should do it unexpectedly para masaya.

Grabe, you guys miss me so much! hehehe.