Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Life is Good: Family

I am so getting older. Though the youngest among five children in my family, that’s what I feel whenever I am with them. My brother and sister and their respective families went to stay at our home (“with the parents”) during the holidays. They brought with them my baby nieces who went on trick or treating last Halloween in their cute fairy costumes. I remember my own trick or treating days with my childhood friends and how those days just seemed to pass by.

And the topics of conversation! I was used to being the comic relief during serious conversations, whether it be about current events or major family decisions. Lately, it seems like my opinions actually matter already.

I sincerely love my family. And it’s not something I say out loud often. It may not be perfect but it’s definitely something I would never ever replace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

family keep you grounded. family will accept you no matter what you do or who you become.

cheers to this blog post!

kidneys gone bad said...

i know! cheers!