Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Life is Good: Friends

Despite my hectic schedule, I’ve been trying my best to keep in touch with my really close friends. In the middle of one busy workweek, I went out for dinner with my really close law school friends. I really made time for that because I told myself I just got to go out and get away from it all. I try my best to keep in touch with my good friends abroad. With the internet and the possible ways of communication, there’s just no excuse anymore for losing contact. My college friends are always a part of my schedule as well. I truly believe that our group will be a constant already in my life. And there are those individuals who have truly made a mark in my life whom I am thankful for. Time nor distance hinders true friendship.

I told an acquaintance of mine once that friends are worth more than anything in this world, and is definitely worth more than work. It’s better to lose work than to lose a friend. Work can easily be replaced but friends can never be substituted. I still stand by my belief. That’s the main reason why I try my best to communicate with them occasionally. I no longer go out to meet friends in order to socialize, I go out with them to reaffirm and strengthen bonds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey chinese jayps, shouldn't you say that you went out with your chinese friends and 1 pinay friend? hehehe.

yeah, that was fun, we have to do that again sometime soon.

please please bug mon about us getting together. we already missed having dinner for your birthday, must we miss dinner for mon's as well? hehehe.

kidneys gone bad said...

haha! i don't discriminate kasi eh. :) besides, i'm only half-chinese!

and yes, we HAVE to go out for dinner with mon some time soon.