Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pause Button

I badly need a pause button for my life right now.

Not a Stop button – I definitely still want to continue with life.

Not a Fast Forward either – I want to cherish each and every moment there is.

Not a Rewind button – I never really was the type to live in the past.

And definitely not a Record button – I’m contented with the memories I carry with me in my head.

I sincerely wish for a pause button.

My life’s a mess and I need a temporary escape from reality.

I just need a break from life, in general. After that short pause, I guess I can resume life and go back to normal.

I need that pause button to give me time to reflect on the things I’ve been doing and the things I should be doing. I want to see the world from the outside – with everything and everyone paused for a moment without wasting one single second in my life.

With everything that’s going on – so many things to accomplish, so many people to please, so many places to see – I need that pause button to help me evaluate my priorities and the direction I want my life to take.

Life, just for a moment, please pause for me.

No comments: