Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My American Idol Fear-ful Forecast

Yes, I am a big Idol fan especially now that I have lots of time to spare at home. I was able to watch this season right from the very start and therefore, I guess, I am entitled to present my forecast on who will be this year's American Idol. I made my ranking of the current Top 12. And although my 12th spot is already wrong - I know all of you will agree with me that my number 12 is the real number 12.

# 12 - Sanjaya Malakar - Need I say more? He should have been eliminated when they were still the Top 24. Even his hair isn't going for him anymore.

# 11 - Brandon Rogers - I honestly believe that he's got a good voice. He just lacks personality and is therefore, not Idol material.

# 10 - Haley Scarnato - She's definitely lucky that she even reached the number 10 spot. She surprisingly beat other better girl singers to the Top 12. And upon competing at the Top 12, there were other guys who were worse than her. And, contrary to what my friends say, she's not pretty and sexy.

# 9 - Phil Stacey - Though his voice can be soothing at times, Phil has the tendency to scream when he's singing. He never really stood out in the competition except during the auditions and the early part of the Top 24 when he exploited his newborn child.

# 8 - Stephanie Edwards - This R&B singer has definitely got the style and the voice. She can actually make it up to the 5th spot but in my opinion, there are other contestants who make an impression more than her.

# 7 - Blake Lewis - I honestly believe that Blake doesn't have very excellent vocals (they're just good enough), but he can stay long in the competition because he's got personality and he's unique. I actually like the beatboxing thing.

# 6 - Gina Glocksen - For some reason, I actually dig this rocker chick. Plus, she's got a powerful voice. She's different from the rest. As long as she chooses the right songs that match her voice, she can reach the Number 6 spot.

# 5 -Chris Richardson - This Justin Timberlake wannabe may not be able to replicate Justin's moves and looks but he's definitely got a style of his own. He's got a really good singing voice (I believe he's the best among the guys) but there are just other girl contestants who sing better than him.

# 4 - Lakisha Jones - Lakisha was a judges' favorite right from the very start. She's got one of the best voices in the competition alright, but she just seems like a sad and pessimistic girl. She hasn't shown much humor or wit in the competition. She could make it to the finals with just her voice, but her personality will leave her at the fourth spot.

# 3 - Chris Sligh - Though this guy doesn't have the best vocals, didn't he just make you laugh from Day One? Remember how he said he wanted to make David Hasslehoff cry at the Finals? Well, I don't believe that he'll make it to the Finals (His personality won't take him that far). But i do believe he can make it to the Number 3 spot.


# 2 - Jordin Sparks - Isn't she just so adorable and very much likable? She's bubbly and youthful; and I guess many people can relate to her. Added to that, she's got a brilliant and distinct voice (different from Lakisha's and Melinda's) which will give variety in the Finals.


# 1 - Melinda Doolittle - This W-O-M-A-N (remember her song?) is my bet to win this year's American Idol. She's got an excellent voice and is of star quality. Best of all, she's humble and all her amazement when the judges praise her performances is nothing but genuine. She's also likable and has a huge fan base early on in the competition.

































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grabe na ito!!! full write up! woohoo!

but honestly, i don't think the world is ready for a sanjaya idol. honestly.

you should make a review every week! hee hee!

kidneys gone bad said...

hehehe! exagg naman ata if i make a review every week. although i think i could do that. hehe.

miss you pao!